Search This Blog

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Curried Shrimp

This is one of my go to recipes and always have the ingredients on hand.  I have been making it for several years now and everyone loves it, especially the kids.  It is fast and easy and best of all one dish.  I love one dish meals, less clean up!


Curried Shrimp

1 onion, sliced
2 red bell peppers, cut into strips (I sometimes use a combination of colored peppers)
*2 cloves garlic
*1 in grated ginger
1 lb peeled shrimp
1 can coconut milk
1 cup frozen peas
2 tsp curry powder
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt

Saute garlic, ginger, onions,  and peppers on high heat.  Once starting to soften add shrimp and cook until pink.  Add coconut milk, curry powder, peas, salt, and sugar.  Bring to a boil and simmer for a few minutes.

Serve over rice.

*To make it even faster, I sometimes use garlic and ginger from a jar.

No comments:

Post a Comment