Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Slow Cooked Stuffed Peppers

I don't do much crock-pot cooking, but when I do, I always think, "I should totally be cooking more stuff in my crock-pot!" Anyway, here is an easy and yummy recipe for stuffed peppers using the crock-pot. I prep the peppers the night before and then throw all the stuff in before I leave in the morning. And it makes the house smell so yummy when I get home!

Slow Cooked Stuffed Peppers

1 package (about 7 oz) Spanish rice mix
1 lb ground turkey
1/2 cup diced celery
1 small onion, diced
1 can (4 oz) diced green chilies
1 package taco seasoning
1 egg, beaten
3 med green bell peppers, halved lengthwise, cored and seeded
1 can (28 oz) whole peeled tomatoes, undrained
1 can (10 3/4 oz) condensed tomato soup, undiluted*
1 cup water

1. Set aside seasoning packet from rice. Combine turkey, rice, celery, onion, chilies, taco seasoning and egg in a large bowl. Divide mixture evenly among pepper halves.

2. Pour tomatoes with juice into slow cooker. Arrange filled pepper halves on top of tomatoes. Combine soup, water and reserved rice mix seasoning packet in medium bowl. Pour over peppers. Cover; cook on LOW 8-10 hours.

* Last time I made these, I used about 2 cups of Trader Joe's Low Sodium Tomato Soup instead of condensed soup and maybe a half cup of water. It made them a little more saucey (which we liked), so feel free to play around with the soup/water mixture.






No comments:

Post a Comment