Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Crockpot Chicken Recipes

I caved, I really did. I bought myself a crockpot - again! I bought one way back when, used it only once or twice and gave it away. But since life is now 3 times as busy as then, I've taken the plunge and purchased the "kitchen essential". I say this with a bit of a "tongue in cheek", but it really has come in uber helpful in these crazy days.

Just before purchase, I was lamenting on all the canned soups I would be using (that's what I thought crockpots were all about!), until E put me onto Stephanie O'Dea's blog - A Year of Slow Cooking.

I'm not going to reinvent the wheel here, just let you know the recipes I've tried and whether or not they have been given a thumbs up by the tin lids or not.

Here's the list:
Honey Garlic Chicken - I omitted the garlic - thumbs up
http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2011/09/honey-garlic-chicken-slow-cooker-recipe.html

Applesauce Chicken - thumbs up (but a bit bland for my taste)
http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2008/09/crockpot-applesauce-chicken-recipe.html

And I've just taken a whirl and created a Red Chicken Curry in the crockpot too. Used chicken thighs this time (I do think the skinless chicken breasts get a little dry), and just tasted sauce - delish!! But I can't face the thighs - urgh - it tastes like chicken, and for this former non chicken eater, I just can't do it, the taste is too strong. But that's beside the point !!

No comments:

Post a Comment